Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A couple of updates

Update #1 on Hunter's 6 month check up:


Hunter had his 6 month check up on Monday and he certainly is growing like a weed! He now weighs 17 pounds 8 ounces (putting him in the 50th percentile) and is 27.5 inches long (in the 90th percentile)! To think that when he was born he was barely touching the growth chart curve (<5th percentile) and he's now reaching the top of it, is crazy! He's doing great in all other developmental areas as well! He's on the verge of crawling and get so frustrated that he can't get to where he wants to and that he ends up further away from it (because he goes backwards!). Hunter is such a joy and a blessing in our lives! He is a happy baby, quite vocal, and very determined. He simply adores Logan and always looks for/watches him when we're all in the same room. I can't wait for all the brotherly love and fun yet to come!




Update #2 on Logan being afraid of the bath:



So, for at least two weeks we fought with Logan over bath time and tried everything possible to get him to calm down and just take a bath... Well one evening Robert had started to get the bath ready and of course Logan automatically ran to hide. I asked him why he was hiding and he said he was afraid of the bath, so I reassured him that the bath was nothing to be afraid of. I told him that he was dirty and needed to take a bath to get clean. "Dirty?" Logan asks... "Oh. Dirty? Bath clean me?" Yes, I reply... "Ok Mom." AND THAT WAS IT! He took his bath, no crying or fighting at all, and when he was finished he came and showed me how clean he was! I couldn't believe that all it took was me telling him he was dirty... Now we have a clean and happily playing in the bath Logan again. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment