Today I feel especially good about the holidays! My friend/co-worker Diane has adopted a family for Christmas and asked for any donations towards their gifts that we could afford. With the economy as it is things are tight for everyone this year especially, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to help much. However, my wonderful boss (seriously the best boss anyone could ever ask for!) usually gives us all a little something for the holidays and asked us all if we wanted to go buy toys for 'Toys-for-Tots' or some other organization instead of just keeping the money for ourselves... we all agreed that it was something we would like to do.
Then Diane suggested that if anyone would like to donate to her family in need she would be grateful, and as it turns out everyone ended up donating their holiday gift to her. So this morning her and I went out and bought some goodies for this family in need. There are two girls being brought up by their single mother, who works at Del Taco... so you can imagine what a struggle that must be!
I just have such a good feeling about what a difference we're going to make for this family this Christmas! With so many families struggling just to make ends meet today it really is the time to help in any way you can.
May your holidays be bright and full, and for the travelers may you be safe.
Love to all and Merry Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment