Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ahhhh.... Thank You!

I just had the most relaxing weekend ever, and it's all thanks to my sister! I can't say thank you enough, Val, you're the best and I think this needs to be made an annual occurrence!



So I left Tucson on Saturday with Logan after I was off work and headed up to Phoenix to my sisters house for an amazing weekend. We were able to spend a little time all together (Dad, William, Kathryn, Kellsey, Coleton, Val, Justin, and Jordan -Robert is the only one who missed out) on the 4th which was great! We had a little BBQ and the kids all had a blast riding the bikes in the driveway. The fireworks were pretty neat and close too, however the kids only watched for a few minutes before the bikes were calling to them again :) All in all it was a great evening.



Sunday morning comes around and our 'Sister's Weekend' has officially started. Dad and Justin graciously agreed to watch all the kids so we (Kathryn, Val, and I) could have a relaxing 'girls' weekend- Thanks again guys! So we left the kiddos in the hands of the guys and got on our way to the Hyatt Regency Resort in Scottsdale. The room was pretty nice but we were mainly thinking of the 10 interlocking pools! So, needless to say, we didn't spend too much time admiring the decor before we changed into our swimming suits and headed out. There were a couple of bars poolside for some tasty-tasty beverages, and the pools were all kept at 85 degrees... nice and cool but not cold! I can't even explain how amazing it felt for my feet and back once I got into the water! Then we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner -we had reservations at The Melting Pot. It's a fondue place that is so good! We had a four course meal starting off with a cheese fondue, then a salad, our entree had all sorts of meat (Chicken, pork, shrimp, beef, and lobster) to cook, then came the dessert. A milk chocolate and marshmallow cream fondue with graham cracker crumbles (think smores) with a variety of goodies to dip in it -strawberries, cheesecake, brownies, rice crispy treats, bananas, pound cake, and marshmallows- and we all stuffed ourselves to the brim! Once we got back from dinner we went back down to the pool for a little while before calling it a night. Again it was soo nice to have that relief on my back and feet!
When we woke up (for some it was more of an effort than others) we thought about going to the pool again, but decided we should have breakfast before we needed to check out and head out to get our massages! So, we had breakfast at the resort -amazing how much people will pay for simple things like pancakes!- which was pretty tasty. While we were there we made a few friends -there were three ducks and several birds who came by to share breakfast with us. The ducks would even eat from our hands! It was pretty neat and Val actually had her first experience feeding a duck by hand and survived! We then all went back to the room to shower and pack. Then we were on our way to get our massages -for Kathryn and I it was our first ever professional massage. I was a bit nervous about it -the getting undressed part really, but you'd think I'd be sort of immune to that being pregnant and having to get undressed all the time for my doctor! It wasn't as uncomfortable as I was expecting, and the massage felt great! The hour went by so fast, but I felt rejuvenated afterwards and I would definitely not hesitate to get another massage now!
Alas, we had to go back and rescue the guys from all the kids, and surprisingly Dad still had all the hair we left him with... So I guess they couldn't have been all too bad for him.
I really enjoyed the weekend get-a-way and the sister time we had together. It was a nice bonding experience and all I can say is thank you and I love you -Let's do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment