Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween...

I seem to be posting about things late, so I'll just keep with the trend... For Halloween Logan dressed up like a hobo -the same costume that my sisters and I wore when we were younger, and Coleton has worn for the previous two years- I was so excited to be able to use it this year! I never thought that Logan would think differently... That is until I tried to get him to put it on. He ABSOLUTELY did not want to wear those weird pants (The jacket he was ok with)... that is until I told him if he put on the costume people would give him candy. So he gave in and of course I had to give him a treat for putting it on.

I was a little worried about how Logan would do with the face paint, but surprisingly he didn't fight it at all! He even loved having two different shoes on... so much in fact, that for the three days following he wouldn't let us put matching shoes on him! What a silly silly boy.

We went out on Halloween with friends of ours to our 4th Avenue shopping district. We got to Trick-or-Treat at all the little shops down the street, there was a costume contest for the kids, and a police officer even pulled over to give Logan some candy! He was a little weary at first, but quickly warmed up at the sight of candy. Logan got quite a few comments from people on his costume, and how it was so cute how he would say 'trick-or treat' (tri-uh-tree) and happy Halloween (ha-ha heeeen). We all had a good time, including Hunter (who slept most of the time in the stroller), but the highlight for Logan was at the very end of the evening. As we were walking back to the car a fire truck drove past, and at first one of the firefighters waved to him (because he was awestruck at the sight of the 'big truck') but then they all hung out the windows and sides of the truck to wave at him!

I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment