
So, I had heard things here and there about this book -Twilight- and how good it was. When I found out it was about a teenage girl who fell in love with a vampire I wasn't really hyped to read it anymore. Time went on and I thought nothing of it, until news of a movie... As everyone knows, books are always better than the movies, and this movie looked like it would be alright. So I went out to buy said book on a Sunday afternoon...
I have to say, it was much much better than I expected! I couldn't put it down and I finished it by lunch time on Tuesday. And like everyone else I craved more... so what did I do? I went out and bought the three books -New Moon, Eclipse, & Breaking Dawn- that follow in the series. They were just as good if not better due to content. Needless to say, but I couldn't put them down and finished them faster than I have any other books... I had read the whole series in about a week. I know, I know... I need some professional help...
Well, as it turns out I got to go see the movie with my friend Jodi and her 15 year old daughter Alyssa. I'll admit that I was as excited as Alyssa was... I got to spend a couple of hours with the Cullins' and of course Edward. I have to say I did enjoy the movie, even with all the rumors of disappointment. As with any movie based on a novel it never is exactly the same nor does it contain all the little details and images you get while reading. With this one in particular, I felt that had you not read the book you might not have understood the subtleties and inside jokes that were more thoroughly explained in the book. All in all I give both the Books and the movie two tumbs up, and I hope the rest of the series is given a green light for film as well.



ok, I loved reading this post!! Probably due to the fact that I am just as obsessed as you are. I was skeptical at first as well but now am immersed in Cullenness! I also loved the movie but I think you have it exactly right in saying that you just dont get it unless you KNOW Bella and Edward. There is no way to know that connection without the books. So kudos to you for a good review :o) I am still finishing up book four- taking my time to make it last... and then I will probably just read them all again
ReplyDelete