Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"But all endings are also beginnings.We just don't know it at the time."

I just finished reading 'The five people you meet in Heaven' by Mitch Albom. It's a good read... a quick one, but a good one. It's about the life and death of a man named Eddie, who thinks he wasted his time here on earth and led an insignificant life. Eddie dies in an accident and finds himself in Heaven where he meets five people who have significantly affected his life, whether he knows it or not. Each of these five people share their wisdom with him, giving him a deeper comprehension to the meaning and purpose of his life. At first he does not understand how these people have anything to do with him until they share their stories with him... then it becomes clear.


"There are no random acts...We are all connected...You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind..."
After reading this I started to think about my Mom a lot! How much I miss her... how much I love her... how much I wish I had done with her... how much it still hurts...
"Life has to end, love doesn't."
All in all, if you haven't read it... you should. It could change the way you see the world, the people in it, and why things happen in your life. Even if you don't take in the message on a deeper level it's still a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment